Yes, I know these would be nice on the BBQ but they can be oven baked and so are suitable for this time of year too! This is based on a recipe from Hungry Healthy Happy and the picture is also theirs.
• 2 crushed garlic cloves
• ½ small grated onion
• ½ tsp each of paprika and baking powder
• A pinch of sea salt and black pepper
• 8 tbsp of homemade BBQ sauce (see below)
• 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Put the chicken wings in a large bowl with the oil, onion, garlic and seasonings.
2. Mix well and then put on a lined baking sheet.
3. Put in the oven and bake at 190°C for 20 minutes.
4. Put the chicken in a new bowl and add the BBQ sauce.
5. Toss until they are covered in sauce.
6. Put them back in the oven and cook for a further 20 minutes until crispy.
For the BBQ sauce: (or just use your favourite):
• 1 crushed garlic clove
• 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or soy sauce
• 5 tablespoons tomato ketchup
• As much chilli powder or cayenne pepper as you like