Recipe and photograph from Olive Magazine
- 150g cooked beetroots
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 1½, lemons, juiced
- flatbreads and crackers to serve
1) Drain the cooked beetroot really well and put in a food processor or blender with the chickpeas, garlic, tahini, olive oil and lots of seasoning. Whizz until completely smooth, then taste for seasoning (add more if needed) and stir in the lemon juice.
2) Scrape into a serving bowl and drizzle over a little more olive oil. Serve with flatbreads and crackers for dipping, if you like.