Based on and picture taken from a recipe from Easy Cheesy Vegetarian
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium head cauliflower, cut into chunks
- 1 medium potato, diced fairly small
- 750 ml vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- Black pepper
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- Homemade croutons and fresh parsley, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, and add the onion and garlic. Cook over a medium – low heat for 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add the chopped cauliflower and diced potato, along with the vegetable (or chicken) stock, water, dried parsley, and plenty of black pepper. Bring to a simmer, and cook for around 15-20 minutes, until the vegetables are very soft.
- Turn the heat down low, and use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth. (Or use your food processor.)
- Add the grated cheddar (save a little back for garnish, if you like), and mix until the cheese has melted. Serve warm, topped with any remaining cheese, and some homemade croutons and fresh parsley if desired.