Based on a recipe from Olive Magazine
- onion 1, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- aubergine 1, diced
- chopped tomatoes 400g tin
- cumin 1 tsp
- cinnamon 1/2 tsp
- harissa paste 1 tbsp
- coriander 1/2 bunch, finely chopped
- cauliflower 1, broken into florets
- ground cumin ½ tsp
- ground coriander ½ tsp
1. Fry the onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil until soft. Add the aubergine and fry until golden. Tip in the chopped tomatoes, spices, harissa paste and a splash of water. Simmer for 20 minutes until the aubergine is starting to break down.
2. Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it starts to look like grains. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large frying pan and toast the spices for a minute until fragrant, then tip in the cauliflower. Stir-fry for 2 minutes until heated through and season well. Serve with the ragoût, scattering over the chopped coriander.