This recipe was sent by our member Kay, who copied it from the dinner ladies at infant school circa 1977. Some of you may remember it from the True Food party in February 2012.
- 6oz butter
- 6oz sugar
- 1oz cocoa
- 8oz plain flour
- Melt butter in large-ish saucepan.
- Remove from heat and mix the remaining ingredients into the melted butter, until you can see the cocoa is fully dispersed.
- Press mixture into a greased cake tin (I use a 7 inch circular sponge tin, which is less than an inch deep).
- Brush with a little milk and spinkle sugar on top.
- Bake at 180c (gas 4) for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut into (8) slices whilst still warm.
- Can be eaten hot (with chocolate custard, like at school dinners!) or cold!