By Diana Earnshaw
Read about the health benefits of cabbage
This salad is a nice change from the usual coleslaw and partners well with grilled or barbecued meat, meat loaf or a vegetarian roast.
- ½ white cabbage, shredded
- 1 eating apple, chopped into small dice
- 1 grated carrot
- A handful of raisins or 4-5 chopped dates or dried apricots
- ½ medium onion, finely sliced or grated
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cream (or full-fat yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder or paste
- Mix together the mayonnaise, cream or yogurt and curry powder or paste.
- Put all the rest of the ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add the dressing and mix well.
I don’t think this salad needs salt, but taste it and add a little if you wish.