Recipe from Gordon Ramsay, photograph from Pixabay
- 6 eggs
- 300g sugar
- 300g grated carrot (or pumpkin!)
- 80-100g oats
- 150g ground almonds
- 2 tsps baking powder (check it’s gluten-free for a gluten-free version)
- a pinch each of ground cloves and cinnamon
- 200g ground mixed nuts
- 1 lemon and icing sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Separate 4 eggs. Whisk yolks together with 2 whole eggs and 250g sugar into a smooth cream.
- Mix in the oats, carrots, ground almonds, baking powder and spices.
- In another bowl whisk the 4 egg whites and 50g sugar until stiff. Carefully mix this into the main mixture.
- Add the ground nuts and mix until even.
- Bake for 45 mins or until done.
- Once the cake has cooled, squeeze the lemon and add as much icing sugar to the juice as it takes to create a smooth but not runny cream. Spread over the cake evenly.