Gluten-free Courgette Cake – thanks to Beets Pulse and Thyme
By Diana Earnshaw, Volunteer Contributor
Dealing with a glut – and making the best of inexpensive seasonal food
250g ground almonds
2 yellow or green courgettes
rind of 1 lemon
juice of 1/2 lemon
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius and line a 10″ baking tin with grease proof paper.
- Grate the courgettes then add to a mixing bowl together with the ground almonds, honey, lemon juice and rind and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs adding the vanilla essence.
- Add the egg mixture to the other ingredients and combine well using a hand held blender.
- Pour into the prepared tin (it is quite a runny mixture) and place in the oven for 45 -50 minutes until golden on top. Test the centre with a sharp knife or skewer to make sure it comes out clean.
- Let it cool on a cooling rack.
Make two and freeze one?