Recipe and photo from Wellness Mama.
- 300g hazelnuts
- 70g or to taste sugar or other preferred sweetener
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Spread the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and roast for 12 to 15 minutes, until fragrant.
- Carefully put the hot hazelnuts in a jar with the lid on and shake. The papery skins will fall right off. Remove the nuts that are now skinless and put them in a food processor or a high-powered blender, then re-shake the jar until the rest of the skins come off as well.
- Grind the hazelnuts for about 5 minutes until they turn into a creamy hazelnut butter.
- Add the sugar or other sweetener, cocoa powder, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt. Blend for another minute until all the ingredients are combined smooth.
- Transfer to a jar. Store in the refrigerator for several weeks.