Based on a recipe from My Recipes. Do try this – the addition of chocolate is amazing!
- 500g minced beef
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (400g) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 250ml water
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder (or to your liking)
- 25g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped (or use the loose chocolate discs from TF)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- sour cream (optional)
- fresh coriander (optional)
- Cook the mince in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to break it up.
- Add onion and garlic to pan; cook 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients; cover and simmer 7 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Top with sour cream and coriander, if desired.