This recipe will make 10 x 10cm “breakfast” pizzas or 30 bites. They are nutritious and will even suit those on a gluten-free diet. Most of the ingredients are available from True Food.
- 65g almond meal or almond flour
- 65g grated Parmesan cheese (as cheese is salty, more salt isn’t necessary)
- 35g coconut flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 100g ham or pepperoni, chopped
- 100g torn or grated mozzarella
- 50g salted butter, room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 75g cream/sour cream/ full fat yogurt (I have used all of these at some time)
- Optional ingredients: 50g chopped olives, ½ red pepper /½ small onion /30g mushrooms chopped, and sautéed in 1 tbsp. butter.
- Set the oven to 170 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Thoroughly mix wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir the two together with any other additions (see below).
- Spoon onto 2 parchment-lined baking sheets – makes 10 breakfast pizzas, or 20-30 bites. Flatten slightly.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes until lightly brown.
- Cool on a rack.