From Food to Love
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chilli powder
- 800g diced pork
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large (200g) brown onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4cm piece (20g) fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon water
- 400ml can coconut cream or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
1. Combine the spices in a medium bowl; add pork, toss to coat.
2. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Cook the pork in 2 batches, using the remaining oil, until browned all over. Remove from pan.
3. Add onion to same pan with garlic, ginger and water; cook, stirring, over medium heat until softened. Return the pork to the pan with coconut cream, sugar and salt. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for about 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes or until the pork is tender and the sauce is thickened.
4. Stir in juice; season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with coriander.
5. Serve pork curry with steamed rice, pappadums and a tomato and onion salad, if desired.
Curry suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.