- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup puffed quinoa
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- Soak the dates in warm water for 5 minutes then drain. Add the dates, peanut butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt to a food processor.
- Puree for 1-2 minutes until everything is mixed together, scraping down the sides of the food processor as you go. The mixture should be sticky.
- Add in the puffed quinoa, almonds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds
- Pulse the mixture just until everything is incorporated. Don’t overmix it! You want to have pieces of nuts and puffed quinoa visible after mixing.
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment or wax paper and press the mixture evenly into the pan with your hands. Place in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
- Cut into bars and store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.