Based on a Jamie Oliver recipe
1 peach stoned and sliced
1 pear, cored and thickly sliced
500g mixed berries
an apple, grated
5 tablespoons sugar
a good glug of balsamic vinegar
For the topping
6 heaped tablespoons butter, chilled
225g self-raising flour
a large pinch of salt
130ml plain yogurt
a little extra sugar for dusting
1) Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C
2) Put the fruit into a pan with the sugar and the balsamic vinegar, put the pan over the heat, and cook gently until the juices begin to run from the berries. Pour into an ovenproof dish.
3) Meanwhile make the topping. Rub the cold butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
4) Add the sugar and salt, stir well, then add the yogurt to form a loose scone-type mixture.
5) Spoon this over the hot fruit (to get a cobbled effect, flick balls of dough randomly over the fruit), sprinkle with a little caster sugar, and bake in your preheated oven for 30 minutes until golden brown.
6) Serve with vanilla ice cream or cream.