This is a simple festive treat to make with children. It’s delicious with a cup of coffee, or as an extra sweet treat at teatime. It can also be given as an edible gift, if it ever finds it’s way out of your kitchen…
- 100g milk chocolate buttons
- 100g dark chocolate buttons
- 50g sugar and cinnamon almonds
- 50g dried fruit of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of marshmallows
- Desiccated coconut (optional)
- Melt the dark and milk chocolate in separate bowls suspended over pans of gently simmering water, stirring every now and then.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Leave the chocolate to cool for 10 mins.
- Pour the dark chocolate onto the tray and spread it into a thin rectangle. Drizzle over the milk chocolate and create a swirled pattern by dragging a cocktail stick back and forth across the chocolate.
- Scatter over the nuts, fruit, marshmallows and coconut then leave somewhere cool to set.
- Break into shards or leave whole.
- Eat!…or gift.